Saturday, July 12, 2008

Progress

An interesting week.

I met with a publisher last night and he seemed somewhat interested.

I met another writer who has just been published by Penguin, she told me she could put me in touch with her literary agent in New York, same company that worked with Dan Brown, so that's promising.

I also found out that you are supposed to double-space. So, suddenly my 300 page novel has become a 600 page tome. It looks like I may have a trilogy on my hands. Hmm.

In other, other news. I've found an illustrator for a children's book I wrote: The Leaf Boat. The incredible Rachel Smith has almost finished, so I'll be sending that to publishers soon as well.

I'm still doing freelance at the moment, as well as teaching a writers' workshop. If you want to sign up, talk to Sukin Lee at 9344 5855 (don't forget to mention Mike's blog).

1 comment:

BrianLaesch.com said...

Cool. Tell that literary agent in New York to contact me as well. haha.